The story behind Petit Nordique
Petit Nordique all started when I needed a toque for my daughter to wear to her first Santa Claus parade in November, 2016. I already knew how to crochet but hadn't picked up a crochet hook in quite some time. I made her a red toque and topped it off with an over-sized Pom Pom! I received many compliments that day and instantly became obsessed with crocheting little baby toques! My little handmade shop has grown beyond my dreams already - and it is all thanks to you guys! The amount of love and support I receive from all of you is incredible and truly very much appreciated!
Here's a few little facts about me:
1. My husband was my prom date and we have been together ever since!
2. We have a sweet baby girl named Coralie, our little Rainbow Baby, after suffering through two losses. We are now a part of "the lucky ones" and we couldn't be more grateful.
3. We have a special needs dog named Kingston. He recently had a spinal cord injury and can no longer use his back legs.. so if you see a crazy family walking a big sheepdog in a wheelchair around Bowmanville... that's us!
4. I am a teacher and I absolutely love my job! Every day is different and sometimes unpredictable - keeps the day to day work life exciting and fun! Not to mention, they are such happy and positive little people!
5. I learned to crochet when I was 18 while working in a call centre. The first thing I made was a scarf that took me a full week and ended up all cricked. I love creating new styles and love the challenge of trying to be unique in the giant world of knitting!
6. My favourite part about Petit Nordique is receiving pictures of your little ones wearing my toques and booties! Also meeting you all in person at my markets is pretty awesome too!
Thank you so much for supporting my dream!